WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND FOR WHAT PURPOSE? We collect a variety of personal information about our Users so that we can provide our Service. The categories of information we collect can include:
- Registration and profile information collected when you join the Service. We may collect personal information such as a username, first and last name, phone number, e-mail address, and other contact information when you register for a Dorian account or if you correspond with us. We also may collect information if you are a parent or student and use a Dorian service offered through an Organization.
- Data collected through the use of the Service. After you set up your account, you may be able to provide additional information such as other biographical or personal information ("Profile Information"), information about your musical or other performance, or information relating to your Organization. This information may be provided by a third party, such as a parent, teacher, administrator, or Organization, or it may be provided by you directly. We also collect information about your and your Organization's use of the Service and the data you input.
- Monitoring User activity. We may, at our discretion, monitor the communications that take place on our Service, such as messaging or notes, in order to protect our Users and monitor the effectiveness of our Service. You acknowledge that you have no expectation of privacy with respect to any such communications or postings, and you expressly consent to such monitoring.
We use all of the information from and about you to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features of the Service. We may use this information to communicate with you, such as to send you email messages, opt-in text messages, and push notifications and to permit other Users of the Service (such as the Organization) to contact you. We may also send you Service-related emails or messages (e.g., account verification, payment confirmations, change or updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices) for us and for our affiliates. You may not opt-out of Service-related e-mails. For more information about your communication preferences, see "Your Choices Regarding Your Information" below.
We also may collect information that is not personal information, and we may de-identify and aggregate information so that it no longer identifies an individual person. We can use de-identified information and non-personal information without restriction.
Information Collected Automatically. We may automatically collect certain types of usage information when you visit our website or use our Service. For instance, when you visit our websites we may send one or more cookies — a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters — to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets us help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the site. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the Service 2 (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click, how frequently you access the Service, and other actions you take on the Service), and allow us to track your usage of the Service over time. We may collect log file information about your browser or mobile device each time you access the Service. Log file information may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, information about your mobile device, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons) which are used to anonymously track the online usage patterns of our Users. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our Users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service. We may also collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit, your use of third party applications, and other information that assists us in analyzing and improving the Service. Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our Users, we are not able to respond to Do Not Track signals from your browser at this time, as we believe that there is no consistent industry standard for how to respond to Do Not Track browser settings.
When you access our Service by or through a mobile device, we may receive or collect and store a unique identification number associated with your device ("Device ID"), mobile carrier, device type and manufacturer, phone number, and, depending on your mobile device settings, your geographical location data, including GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device.
When you upload recordings as part of a Dorian Service, those files may contain location information or other metadata. This metadata may be accessible to others if you share content on the Service.
We may use the data collected through cookies, log file, device identifiers, location data and clear gifs information to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site; (b) provide custom, personalized content and information, including advertising; (c) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Service; (d) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our website and our Service; (e) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (f) otherwise to plan for and enhance our Service.
SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION. We may share your personal information in the instances described below with:
- Other companies owned by or under common ownership at Dorian. These companies will use your personal information in the same way as we can under this policy;
- Third-party vendors and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, as needed to carry out their work for us;
- Business partners who offer a service to you jointly with us;
- Other parties in connection with a Dorian transaction, such as a merger, sale of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party or in the event of a bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings; and
- Third parties as required by law or subpoena or to if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (b) protect the security or integrity of our Service; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, contracts, property, or personal safety of Dorian, our Users, or others.
Also, remember that Organizations may have their own data collection and use policies that Dorian does not control. Please review the privacy policies of any third party organization before sharing your personal information with an Organization.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION. You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the "unsubscribe link" provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. As noted above, you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). If you have any questions about reviewing or modifying your account information, you can contact us directly at the contact information below. In addition, parents have the ability to review, correct, and delete any personal information that they have entered about their student by updating the information in the Service, or contacting the Organization directly.
CHILDREN'S PRIVACY. Dorian does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register as Users. While Dorian may collect certain information about children under 13 that a parent or Organization provides to our Service, the Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. If you are an Organization, parent, or other User, when you use the Service you certify you will not permit or request that children under 13 submit information to the Dorian Service directly without your supervision. We recommend that Organizations provide a copy of this statement to parents and guardians of any children whose information the Organization may submit to the Dorian Services. Please note that in order to use all of the features of our Services such as Charms™ Services for students, including the recording studio and personalized calendars, the User such as the parent needs access to an ID number issued by the Organization that offers the Service. Certain Services include options that allow you to enter an email address and/or cell 4 phone number that is shared with the teacher, administrator, or other Organization representative, and by entering that information you are authorizing them to contact you or the student.
In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental or teacher consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us at 972-485-1912.
LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES. Our Service may integrate with or contains links to other third party sites and services. We are not responsible for the practices employed by third party websites or services embedded in, linked to, or linked from the Service and your interactions with any third-party website or service are subject to that third party's own rules and policies. In addition, you agree that we are not responsible for and we do not have any control over any third-parties that you authorize to access your information, including the Organizations you interact with on our Service.
- We may share information with vendors, such as a fulfillment company that assists us with our operations.
- See the section above “With Whom Do We Share Your Information” for a full description.
Do Not Track Disclosure: This website does not monitor or identify "do not track signals" from your computer, and such signals will not impact the operation of this website.